Monday, October 8, 2012

Making Italian Pizza

The occupation and activity

I decided to try making pizza last week. Pizza is engrained in italian history and is simple yet fun to make. I made both vegeterian pizza and meat pizzas. I brought bases so i just had to add toppings and put in oven !

Here is a youtube clip on the History of Pizza (part 1 of 5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0uKDD-8HxQ

Pizza can be made in any shape and with any sort of vegetables, it can have meat in it or can be vegeterian for people who prefer not to have meat. Pizza is world known, and is sold in most countries. People make pizza for necessity, as pizza is made to eat. However as times changed pizza has now become a leisure activity that families make with their kids.

Occupation and Identity

When making pizza routines depend on the person making the pizza. Pizza can be made for lunch or dinner or at any occasion that suits the person making it. Anyone can make pizza, any age, any person ! I would say i identify this occupation as cooking and learning cooking skills. There are italian cooking groups which teach you to cook pizza and other italian recipes in Hamilton however are not easy to find.

Technical Aspects

Ingrediants needed :

Pizza base
Tomatos
Chicken/bacon/meat
Tomato sauce
Mushrooms
Cheese
Oregano

Put pizza base on oven tray/pizza tray, add tomato sauce, then add cheese then any
toppings (in this case see above for toppings I used). Then put in oven and bake for 10-15minutes
until ready to eat.


Material Required :

Bench space
Oven trays
Oven
Knife/spoon
Chopping block

All the resources were either accessed from the local supermarket or from home.

The Environment

I learnt to make pizza in my own home environment however pizza can be made anywhere you desire. Pizza is now made not only in peoples homes but also in shops/restaurants, friends places, kitchens, BBQ's. Pizza would be more fun to be made in a group then alone, however you can do either.

Learning the occupation

Instructions are minimal, just add toppings you like to pizza base. You must add the cheese after thetomato sauce and then add toppings otherwise the toppings tend to slide off when they are being cooked. Also I learnt that putting to much cheese on is not a very good idea as it gets to rich to eat !
Pizza can be made with any left overs in the fridge or what ever you want to put on it, its quite easy to make the pizza how you want it with what you like on it !

Participation barriers and affordances

Having someone else to cook for really helps increase participation. There were no real barriers with making pizza, as it is cheap to buy the ingrediants and easy to make. It does not require alot of time either.

Personal reflections

I found making pizza went smoothly and to plan.  I learnt how to make pizza and what items I could put on it that make it taste good. I am super satisfied with learning this as it will be a recipe I will use when I want to make something quick and fast. The more I make pizza the more I will figure out what I like on the pizza. I will continue to make pizza for myself and other people as it is fun and simple dinner idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment