Friday, September 7, 2012

First attempt at making Pasta !

Occupation and Activity and Technical Aspects
Today I started on my occupation, I went to Emily's a friend of mine and she taught me to make pasta dough by hand, and then use the pasta machine to stretch and cut the pasta.

To make pasta dough you need

-Water
- Flour
- 1 Egg

Add egg to flour and mix until it turns into dough, then add water as needed. Very simple to do. When the dough mixture is kneaded enough it is ready to put through the pasta machine to stretch it and then after the pasta is stretched you can cut the pasta. The process takes time but once its done it looks great

Next once the pasta is cut, you can cook with it !!!

The purpose of making pasta by hand is to understand that before the pasta machine was invented we had to do all our cooking by hand, it also gives me an appreciation of the food and the time and effort I put into it to turn it into the finished product.

Hand making pasta is both purposeful and necessery. Purposeful as it is hands on and you can use this as therapy, and necessary as not everyone will have a pasta machine and cooking/preparing food is necessary for us humans to survive.

Environment

I learnt pasta making in a home, however you can learn it in a variety of different environments, such as social enviroments with your friends or alone. You can also do the pasta making at a school or educational area. As I was new to making pasta, i had to ask someone to teach me, this was a unfamiliar feeling, as i had to learn and make mistakes. However I can now understand that you would need patience to teach someone this occupation and activity !

Participation barriers and affordances

Due to the fact I had never made pasta i relied on having other people to help me and teach me. I felt that I would have struggled to teach myself and also have felt more frustarted if i had tried to learn on my own as i would have had no support or help if i had made a mistake. There didnt seem to be any barriers, as all the ingrediants are simple and most people tend to have them in their cuboard, however if you didnt have the ingrediants then you could not make the pasta.

Personal Reflection

I learnt so much from making pasta, I didnt realise how long it would take and I realise that it is a awesome stress reliever. I had to learn how to use the pasta machine which was great, and I was proud of my pasta ! Would totally recommend learning to make pasta by hand !








No comments:

Post a Comment